In addition to being the clarinet professor at the University of Central Oklahoma, I am also a Performing and Reserve Method Clinician for D’Addario Woodwinds. If you might be interested in having me work with your students in sectional or masterclass as part of the Reserve Method Program—please fill out this form.
D’Addario is making substantial efforts to support instrumental music education and create more awareness of their unwavering commitment to making the highest quality music accessories available. During each clinic students will receive a Reserve mouthpiece, Reserve reeds, and a ligature for use for the duration of the session.
Want to know the best part? Every D’Addario Reserve Method Clinic is 100% free.
The topics of the clinic are flexible based upon your needs. Some possible topics include:
- Fundamentals of clarinet and saxophone playing, including: Air, Embouchure, Hand position and Finger action, Articulation and Intonation.
- All State Audition Preparation
- Building Confidence in Musical Decision-Making: How to Recognize and Shape Phrases
- Sectionals on Contest Music
- Chamber Music Sectionals (Clarinet Choir, Saxophone Quartets)
- Reed and Mouthpiece Production, Care, and Maintenance
I hope to see you and your students soon thanks to this exciting initiative from D’Addario Woodwinds.
Please don’t hesitate to email me if you have any questions.